3.09.2011

Little sprouts




I started germination two weeks ago and never would have imagined my sweet peas sprouting so quickly! I planted some while I lived in my old apartment and they always took almost 4 weeks to get that big. While my tomatoes and herbs are right on schedule, I can't wait until the weather warms up a bit. The boyfriend and I decided on a raised bed for our new home. It just seems more simple and fool proof for his first time gardening. I had the pleasure of learning all there is to know from my pops, who used to turn his back yard into a wonderland of tomato, bean, squash, corn, watermelon and eggplants. He gathered all the seeds towards the end of each plant's peak as well. Here's to hoping we can create our first of many veggie wonderlands!
Are you growing your own veggies this year?

No comments: