10.24.2011

Fall Sundays

I don't know what sundays consist of in your homes, but in mine I'm unfortunate to have a football obsessed fiance. Not that I'm knocking football, it just doesn't float my boat. To satisfy the hungry endless pit of my fiance's stomach, on sundays I resort to quick meals. What's quicker than sandwich? When you find something, let me know.
The other day I tried a sandwich worthy of withstanding sunday football, plus it's like fall between two slices of bread and even said slices of bread are like a walkway covered with leafs in all of the pretty fall colors... Alright enough with the analogies and on to the "sammich"!



What you'll need: Brie, butter, pear, honey and cranberry walnut bread.


Step 1: Slice the pair. With an average sized pear you can cut a total of 8 slices, 4 per sandwich.

Step 2: Cut a slice of brie. To expand your slice I spread it out on the cutting board and
place on bread.

Step 3 & 4: Assemble pears like shown, drizzle with honey (a little goes a long way)

                                      
Step 5: Place other slice of delicious bread over pears and spread butter. 
I use Earth Balance, I've come to find it doesn't burn and it's tastier. win,win!

Step 6: Grill on a skillet over medium heat 1 minute each side. I'm sorry no picture here, the fiance ran up to his room for his game and I was not about to try and burn myself with butter fingers, le sigh.


Here's your sammich! Perfect for a fall lunch, perfect for sunday football. 





No comments: